Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On Deck - IUI #2 (then Jamaica)

Wife took an ovulation test this morning and as it usually is on day 10 of her cycle (or somewhere around day 10, can't remember the exact day), it was positive - she's getting really good at forecasting the day on which she will get a positive test. She called it early last week saying "I should ovulate next Tuesday, putting us at Dr. M's office on Wednesday morning for our second IUI" - smart girl, my wife.

Her cycles are incredibly regular - I guess this is a very positive thing, and the fact that she is actually ovulating is even better. Also, the fact that she is only 27, and I about to turn 30 gives us plenty of time. So what, precisely, is the problem? Who knows ... maybe it was this progesterone thing all along? We'll find out if our increased dose of Femara will do the trick in a few weeks. Tomorrow morning we will go in for our second IUI - wonder if they got any new "Barely Legals" in over the past month? Can't wait to find out ... sooooooo excited.

We will go to Jamaica for a week at the end of this month for our third wedding anniversary - going to Couples Negril (we went to Couples Ocho Rios for our honeymoon and needless to say, we really enjoyed it, thus our return trip) It is a trip that is sorely deserved, especially for my poor wife ... until then I will be working at a feverish pace to wrap up my current assignment so I can make a clean break from work for a while - I need a break (have been putting in ~14 hour days for at least a month now). We're hoping my wife will be pregnant when we go ... and if not, we'll drown our sorrows in rum.

Hope you all are having a good summer.

2 comments:

Martin said...

Great attitude I must say.

Good luck with this one.

(CD10 sounds early to me/us, how long are the cycles generally?)

Best of luck!

BigP's Heather said...

Good luck tomorrow!!

I'm so jealous - have a GREAT trip!