Thursday, January 10, 2008

Light

So I left work at about 8:00 p.m. last night, raced to the fitness store to buy my home gym (and a very nice set it is - was very impressed with the build quality in person) got home at 9:30 p.m., unloaded three very large, heavy boxes containing the weight set into the garage, went upstairs to say hi to my wife (who was in bed, half asleep), went downstairs to fix the furnace (faulty ignition control unit), took the dog outside, went to bed, woke up to a freezing cold house (my furnace repairs didn't work), removed the faulty ignition control unit, installed and wired a new one, turned furnace back on and crossed fingers so house wouldn't explode, saw flame jets, felt heat, got in car, called boss to say I'd be late and went to work ... phew ... long day with hardly a glimpse of my wife. I don't like that very much ... I left the house at 8 a.m. - it was light outside. This was the first time I've seen my yard or house in daylight in ages (usually when I leave and get home it is pitch black)

Now I'm worried that my furnace repairs may not have been done incorrectly, and that the house is filling with gas, or that the furnace didn't shut off / turn on and Cooper is sweating / freezing his little balls off (which he won't have for long - the vet intends to remove them in two months - this is the tie-in to infertility in this post ... we're dragging Cooper down with us! At least he'll know why he can't reproduce.)

I can't wait until my wife gets home to make sure the house is still there, then, I can't wait to get home to see my wife.

That is all.

2 comments:

nancy said...

"this is the tie-in to infertility in this post" - that made me laugh aloud.

Also the hoping your house didn't blow up. You'd think men would do more than just hope it doens't happen. Like take precaution. But instead, we women see the shrug of "well, it didn't happen so there was no need to worry." Yeah.

nancy said...

By the way - word verfication that was on. My random word to post that last comment was "ADADY".

A daddy.

Okay, so I look for signs in mundane things. And I don't "believe" in any of the said signs. Unless they work out of course.