Thursday, August 21, 2008

fin

.

And there you have it. So ends the recent flurry of blog posting, hope and progress. Period commenced about an hour ago ... lightly at first, as if not wanting to interrupt the fun.

Protocol will not change next month - we've another round of Femara + progesterone before us. If this one fails, my wife will be laproscoped, inspected and if necessary, cured of endometriosis via laser beams ... after that, we'll commence with medicated IUI cycles, and monitoring.

It was a frustrating, and disappointing month, but at the same time a bit nice. At minimum, we made a small step forward - the progesterone worked, and the spotting stopped. We tasted, ever so slightly, what it might feel like to clear the hurdle of infertility. I allowed myself to consider what it might be like if my wife were pregnant ... it was really nice, and I'll eagerly look forward to getting there, for real, in one future month.

There's always next month! Now I'll take my seat and become a spectator, cheering on the legions of blogging infertile. Go get em team.

4 comments:

Martin said...

Damn.
Sorry man.

I know you said you had been resigned to this fact in an earlier post but your flurry of posts showed your underlying excitement.

Sorry. Here's to the bullseye next time around.

Anonymous said...

Well heck. I was really hoping there would be a post that merely said:

BFP!!!!

with maybe a piccy of a peestick.

I'm sorry this month was a dud.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Sorry to hear this. I just found your blog and realized that you have me listed as another IF blog. I'm flattered. Thank you.

I've added you to my reader and will attempt to catch up on your story.

Here is wishing for a successful next month!!

Smoochie said...

I'm so sorry.