Thursday, March 13, 2008

There's Always Next Month

My wife told me this morning that she doesn't think she'll be pregnant this month - said she feels the same way she always does before she starts her period, plus, she took a pregnancy test and it was "as negative as negative can be" .... she's still ~5 days from when she would normally start her period, so I'm holding on to a little bit of hope.

Made me think though: It's much easier to swallow a failed month when considering that it only cost us $50 for the fertility pills (vs. $12,000 for a failed IVF attempt), our odds of success in any given month are 20% at best and we have plenty of time before us. I'm a fan of trying our current fertility-drug assisted approach for at least 6 months before checking into IUI. My wife, on the other hand, is so frustrated that I fear her hope reserves have run dry - which might be a good thing.

Anyhow, I'll provide an update if / when the bleeding begins.

1 comment:

Charnè said...

hoping with you for a miracle to still happen this month