Friday, February 13, 2009

More on meds

Okay - wife and I sorted through the gigantic box of medications over lunch. On tap for the next 7 days, or so, we will mix 75 IUs of Menopur and 150 IUs of Bravelle in 1 cc of water. This shot will be administered in my wife's belly with a small needle (thankfully - the nurse noted because of her small size, and her low body fat, she could get by with the small ones - lucky for me too - my wife is HOT!)

She goes in for an ultrasound next Tuesday and was told to bring a syringe preloaded with Ganirelix with her ... depending on how her follicles are developing they will begin Ganirelix, and/or alter the Menopur + Bravelle cocktail. Her HCG shot will be 10,000 ISP units of "Chorionic Gonadotropin" ... and for a chaser she will use "Endometrin vag tabs" progesterone (which will continue well into what we hope is a pregnancy ... and a safe, healthy, prosperous one at that)

I hope my balls are making some nice sperm.

More to come after the first ultrasound ... have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are on exactly the same cycle as you. Started stimulation medicine yesterday too. Valentine's Day just isn't fun without stabbing a loved one with some needles is it? A little extra fun for us, I woke up with pink eye. Who even gets that as an adult? It is a rough road. Hopefully lots of luck for us both.

You blog is hilarious by the way! We have exactly some of the same thoughts about all of the preggos around us. Having dinner with friends talking about how hard two kids are makes me want to stab them in the eye with my fork. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you guys!! I'm hoping this is it for you.

Happy Valentine's Day